UPDATES from CDC, County Health Department and Government Agencies
RECENT UPDATES —-
- 7/13/20 – County of Los Angeles – Health Officer Order + FREE Tax Preparation + PSA for American Indian & Alaska Native Communities + More
- 7/11/20 – Supervisor Sheila Kuehl – Care First, Jail Last, The Next Chapter + Assistance for Renters
- 7/10/20 – Congressman Ted Lieu – COVID-19 Reminders + State & County Updates
- 7/9/20 – City of LA Office of Wage Standards – Right of Recall and Worker Retention
- City of LA Office of Wage Standards – New Minimum Wage Increase Starting July 1, 2020
- County of L.A. Public Health – Revised Health Officer Order Requires Closure of Indoor On-Site Dining + More
- Update 7/1/20
- Read more
- County of LA Public Health COVID-19 webpage: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- City of Los Angeles “Safer at Home” Order from Mayor Garcetti
- Councilmember Mike Bonin Updates: Congrats Grads + Public Safety Budget Survey + More
- Updated on 6/13/20
- Read more
- Councilmember Bonin COVID-19 webpage: https://11thdistrict.com/news/coronavirus-updates/
- Los Angeles Area Chamber COVID-19 Response & Resource Guide
- Los Angeles City Planning Department: Message from the Director
- LA Controller Maps 1,800 Free Food Resources Across CA
- LA Sanitation & Environment COVID-19 Updates: Vital Services, Changes, Helpful Tips & More
- Update 4/15/20
- Read more
- Senator Ben Allen’s Office Updates: Resources on Benefits, Childcare, Meals, and More from State and County of LA
- State of California Department of Justice Attorney General Becerra Issues Consumer Alert Regarding False Advertising Related to Coronavirus
RESOURCES for businesses impacted by COVID-19
TIME SENSITIVE –
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program – DEADLINE EXTENDED
- New deadline to apply: August 8, 2020
- This loan program provides loan forgiveness for retaining employees by temporarily expanding the traditional SBA 7(a) loan program.
- More info & apply here: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program
- LA Regional COVID-19 Recovery Fund – ROUND 3 NOW OPEN
- Round 3 open Monday, August 3 – Friday, August 7
- The LA Regional COVID-19 Recovery Fund will deploy $3 million in grants available at $5,000 or $15,000 to micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses, and 501(c)(3) non-profits. There are 6 total rounds, with finalists notified after each round. Round 3 is now open through 11:59 pm, August 7, 2020.
- SBA Disaster Assistance due to civil unrest
- Disaster recovery loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are now available to all LA County small business owners and nonprofits who suffered physical damage or economic injury due to the recent civil unrest that began on May 26, 2020.
- Applications for Property Damage are due by August 17, 2020. Applications for Economic Injury are due by March 17, 2021.
- Apply Online: applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information & download applications at disasterloanassistance.sba.gov.