The Venice Chamber of Commerce offers members the opportunity to connect with one another for purposes of networking, promoting and strengthening the vitality of the local business community.
We welcome your involvement and hope to support your business interests as a member of our dynamic group of involved members!
Marketing & Promotion
• Website: VeniceChamber.net provides daily, updated information on the happenings taking place within the Chamber and the Venice community. Members may directly enter event information to the website calendar and post special promotions online.
• Member Directory: The Chamber enjoys considerable traffic on its website from visitors seeking travel information, products, and services. Chamber members receive a complimentary listing on our online Member Directory with a link to their business website.
• Events: Members may promote their own events on the Venice Chamber website calendar using their exclusive member login. They are also invited to increase their visibility and introduce their location, products, or services to the community by hosting one of our monthly mixers at their place of business, or by donating a raffle prize.
• Hot Deals: Chamber businesses may post seasonal promotions, merchandise sales, or special discounts on the “Hot Deals” section of our website.
• Member Rewards Card Program: A discount program developed to encourage members to do business together. Members receive a membership card when they join and renew. Participating businesses post their discounts on the “Hot Deals’” page.
• Chamber Publications: Four weekly newsletters are emailed to subscribers each month that profile new members, showcase member businesses, offer a calendar to promote upcoming Chamber and member events, and provide opportunities to advertise your business. Subscribe here.
• Referrals: The Chamber receives many requests from people seeking visitor information and recommendations for products, services, and other resources, which we refer from our member directory.
• Social Media: Stay connected and make contacts through our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts. Members can also login to access a members only social feed where they can share information, photos and videos with other Chamber members.
Networking & Involvement
• Monthly Mixers: Held the fourth Wednesday of each month from 6:00 – 8:00 PM at a Chamber member’s business, attending mixers regularly is a way to build and cultivate networking relationships while increasing your business opportunities. Mixer locations and hosts are announced through our e-newsletter and on VeniceChamber.net.
• Chamber Happy Hour: This is a casual event for members and prospective members hosted the first Thursday of each month at various locations around Venice. This event showcases all the fabulous member restaurants in Venice and offers members along with colleagues and friends another opportunity to connect!
• Lunch & Learn: Hosted quarterly, members enjoy a delicious lunch while obtaining information and tips for refining skills and acquiring new knowledge. Speaking opportunities available.
• Venice Art Crawl: A quarterly event hosted at venues within the Venice community on the 3rd Thursday in March, June, September and December from 6:00 – 10:00PM. These evenings showcase creative local talent while introducing attendees to the fantastic restaurants, shops and galleries in the neighborhood.
• Annual Business Expo: Hosted in May at the Boys & Girls Club of Venice, this expanded networking event features table top displays from over 50 area businesses and includes tasty samples from local eateries.
• Committees: To maximize their networking opportunities, members are encouraged to participate in at least one of the Chamber’s Committees. These include: Abbot Kinney Merchants, Boardwalk, Chamber In Action, Education, Events, Governmental Affairs, Marketing, Membership, Venice Art Crawl, Venice Beach Young Professionals, Venice Legislative & Legal, and Venice Sign.
• Joint Events: The Chamber holds joint events with other area Chambers to broaden your networking opportunities.
Advocacy & Representation
• Government Relations: The Chamber works closely with elected officials and their staff members, local government agencies, and the police department to keep our members informed on issues that affect their businesses and quality of life in the Venice area.
• Members’ Luncheons: We host periodic “members only” luncheons that provide opportunities to engage in dialogue and ask questions of government representatives.
Education & Information
• Educational Seminars: The Chamber periodically hosts presentations and workshops on current issues of interest.
Summary of Member Benefits
• Free listing on our website directory
• Inclusion in our visitor referral packages
• Unique member login to post special events and promotional offers
• Events/offers included in our email communications
• Opportunities to publicize through raffle donations
• Member Rewards Program
• Member Spotlight opportunity
• Mixer and/or Happy Hour Spotlight opportunity
• Increased community involvement
Chamber members continually give back through their participation in other local organizations and community events. Involvement in the Venice Chamber is not only valuable for your business or organization, but it is personally rewarding as well. We invite you to join us!